Opportunity: PERMANENT :: FULL-TIME Location: Toronto, Ontario Date Posted: 09/23/2020
MetCap Living Management Inc. is one of the largest private third party property managers specializing in multi-residential property management. We are a growth orientated company with our head office located in Toronto, Ontario and property operations in British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
MetCap Living Management Inc. has an immediate opening for a Property Accountant at our downtown Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join a dynamic and growing company. Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate will have solid experience with full cycle accounting, be detailed oriented and have strong analytical and communication skills. Deadline oriented and the ability to manage multiple priorities is a must. A team player with a positive attitude, the candidate will work along a team of finance professionals and the operations team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the full accounting cycle for a portfolio of residential real estate properties
- Coordinate with accounts payable/revenue accountant/operations to ensure appropriate monthly cutoff procedures are effected for payables and revenues
- Preparation monthly bank reconciliation and reconciliation of control accounts (accounts receivable, accounts payable, last month’s rent, LMR interest) to subsidiary ledgers, intercompany balances, schedules of balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of monthly reporting packages (financial statements, actual to budget analysis, operations report, balance sheet analysis), analysis of variances to budget
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed
- Preparation and filing of HST returns on a timely basis
- Preparation of the annual budget package including co-ordination with other departments for receipt of budget data on a timely basis
- Preparation of annual year end audit working papers and liaison with the auditors during the field work period
- Maintain various books and records and files
- CPA designation, equivalent or enrolled
- Proficient excel skills; Yardi Voyageur systems an asset
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Strong verbal and written command of English
- Must be deadline oriented
Salary commensurate with experience. We will consider those with less qualifications who can demonstrate a strong aptitude for accounting and analytical skills
We thank all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position as the subject.
MetCap Living Management Inc. is committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and under the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process. If you require a disability–related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email us.