Dear Valued Resident,
As you may be aware, on March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) classified the COVID-19 virus (Novel Coronavirus) as a pandemic.
At MetCap Living, the health and safety of our Residents, Staff and properties is our priority. Under the direction of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and other Government health agencies, we all must work together to reduce the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus in Canada.
- MetCap Living Offices will remain open for rental payments however, only essential in-suite maintenance request will be completed at this time. All other maintenance repairs and Capital projects will be completed at a later date.
Example of essential request include:
- Fire and safety items
- Plumbing & electrical
- Broken windows & broken entrance doors/locks
- Non-working appliances
- The shared laundry facilities will be available for use 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is an illness caused by a coronavirus, which are common and typically associated with mild illnesses, similar to the common cold. However, COVID-19 can seriously impact the elderly or those with compromised immune systems.
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu. Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. For more information, visit canada.ca/coronavirus
What to do if you have symptoms
If you become ill with COVID-19 symptoms, you should self-isolate. Stay home and avoid close contact with others, including those in your home. Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 and your primary care provider’s office.
What you can do to prevent infection
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home when you are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, whether or not you have tested positive for COVID-19, please be considerate of other residents and REFRAIN from visiting public facilities in our community, i.e. Management offices. Tenants who are self-isolating or require emergency repairs please contact our Resident Helpline at 1.877.638.2271 or email email@example.com
MetCap Living Approach
We have created a COVID-19 Steering Committee (CSC) focused specifically on closely monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 situation and related developments. The creation of the CS committee was triggered as part of MetCap Livings response plan, and consists of the executive team, as well as subject matter experts across the organization including Finance, Operations, IT, Human Resources and Marketing.
Information about COVID-19
Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)- https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Nova Scotia- https://www.nshealth.ca/coronavirus
New Brunswick- https://www2.gnb.ca/
British Columbia - https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health
Building Social Distancing Notices
- Building Office Protocol - 171KB
- Building Laundry Room Protocol - 175KB
- Building Entrance Protocol - 173KB
- Building Elevator Protocol - 171KB
Note: To view these PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader