Dear Valued Resident,
As you may be aware, on March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) classified the COVID-19 virus (Novel Coronavirus) as a pandemic.
At MetCap Living, the health and safety of our Residents, Staff and properties is our priority. Under the direction of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and other Government health agencies, we all must work together to reduce the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus in Canada.
- MetCap Living Offices will remain open for rental payments however, only essential in-suite maintenance request will be completed at this time. All other maintenance repairs and Capital projects will be completed at a later date.
Example of essential request include:
- Fire and safety items
- Plumbing & electrical
- Broken windows & broken entrance doors/locks
- Non-working appliances
- The shared laundry facilities will be available for use 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems are more likely to develop serious reactions. Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus. For more information, visit canada.ca/coronavirus
What to do if you have symptoms
If you become ill with COVID-19 symptoms, you should self-isolate. Stay home and avoid close contact with others, including those in your home. Contact your local public health resource by dialling 8-1-1 or visit https://ca.thrive.health/covid19/en
What you can do to prevent infection
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Keep a safe distance from others
- Stay home when you are feeling unwell
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, whether or not you have tested positive for COVID-19, please be considerate of other residents and REFRAIN from visiting public facilities in our community, i.e. Management offices. Tenants who are self-isolating or require emergency repairs please contact our Resident Helpline at 1.877.638.2271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MetCap Living Approach
We have created a COVID-19 Steering Committee (CSC) focused specifically on closely monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 situation and related developments. The creation of the CSC was triggered as part of MetCap Living's response plan, and consists of the executive team, as well as subject matter experts from across the organization including Finance, Operations, IT, Human Resources and Marketing.
Information about COVID-19
Financial Aid Resources
- 211 Ontario - For a list of all programs and services in your community - Call 2-1-1 or visit https://211ontario.ca/
- Eviction Prevention in the Community (EPIC). For information call 416-392-8741 or speak to your worker if you are on a social assistance subsidy.
- Toronto Rent Bank
- Burlington Stability Fund
- Niagara Region
- Oshawa Housing Stability Program
- Peel Region Tenant Financial Aid
Barrie - Empower Simcoe
Collingwood - Empower Simcoe
Orillia - Empower Simcoe
- Windsor - Homelessness Prevention
- Government of Canada Supports
- Employment Insurance Benefits
- Employment Insurance Benefits Sickness
- Employment Insurance Benefits Caregiver
- The Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Canada Student Service Grant
Building Social Distancing Notices
- Building Office Protocol - 171KB
- Building Laundry Room Protocol - 175KB
- Building Entrance Protocol - 173KB
- Building Elevator Protocol - 171KB
Note: To view these PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader